Saturday, October 30, 2010

Upcoming Events

November is going to be a busy month for me in book-land, but I wanted to share with you some of the things on the schedule in case you're in the area and want to come say hi!

November 1 - Speaking at IWU's APS Employee Chapel at 10 a.m. If you don't work in APS, you will miss this one - but I'm a bit nervous about it and would happily accept any prayers! I'm going to share a devotional kind of thought from one of the chapters in the book, rather than talk about the book itself.

November 10 - First night of a five week series I'm teaching at church (Sycamore Friends) based on the first five chapters. This night will be about Mary. We meet at the church from 7-8 p.m. If you're in the area and don't already have a Wednesday night church commitment, I'd love to have you join us! We are an informal bunch.

November 17 - Second night of Sycamore's study. We will study Joseph. Same time and place as before!

November 18 - Book signing at the Greentown Public Library from 7-8 p.m. I would love, love, love to see you if you're a Greentownian (or one of its suburbs).

November 21 - Book signing at Chapel Pike Wesleyan's Thanksgiving lunch. I believe it is being held at Kendall Elementary in Marion. I will be there (with a big dish of broccoli salad) and would love to see you if you're a CPW'er!

November 22 - Radio interview on WBCL's Mid-Morning Author! Author! program. (The post below has all the details on this.) Prayers that I don't say something ridiculous live on the air...appreciated! :)

November 23 - Book signing at the IWU Bookstore from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The bookstore is in the Student Center at IWU. If you work on campus or are in the Marion area, stop by! Would love to see you (and probably have a picture with you...knowing me....)


...and since I'm here...a peek into December...

December 1 - Night 3 of the Sycamore Bible study. We will study the shepherds.

December 8 - Night 4 of the Sycamore Bible study. We will study the magi.

December 9 - Speaking at the IWU Staff Council Luncheon. Not sure yet of my actual topic that day. It will surprise us all, I guess!

December 15 - Final night of the Sycamore Bible study. We will study Simeon. Incidentally - my favorite chapter of the whole book.

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you! And, yep, I'll say a prayer (or two) for you!

    ReplyDelete